Product Trials – Trá sys
Evaluation of Trá sys on High Stress Turfgrass
- Location: Irish Sportsturf Institute (ISTI), Poaceae Farm, Blessington, Co. Wicklow, Ireland.
- Date: from July 15th to November 4th 2017.
- Turfgrass canopy: predominantly (>85%) annual meadowgrass (Poa annua) with traces of browntop bentgrass (Agrostis capillaris) and slender creeping red fescue (Festuca rubra literalis).
- Protection: no pesticides of any type were applied during the trial.
- Irrigation: it was applied based on wilt assessments – at no stage during the trial was supplementary irrigation required.
- Equipment: treatments were made using a CO2 backpack sprayer (Bellspray R&D JR-203S, R&D Sprayers, Opelusa, LA)
Turf Colour (1-10)
Both treatments showed significant differences compared to the control, but almost no difference between the rates.
Turf Quality (1-10)
There were significant differences between the control and the Trá sys treatments, with no significant differences between the two rates.
Disease Cover (%)
The applications of Trá sys did not completely prevent the development of Microdochium nivale but did reduce it significantly in comparison to the untreated control.
Normalized Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI) (0-0,8)
Treatment 6 rated significantly higher than the control. Treatment 5 also showed good results.
- Trá sys provides a balanced nutrition that improves leaf strength for a healthier plant, with a faster recovery from abiotic stress.
- Best responses for all the parameters were achieved with the higher rate of 30 l/ha, although the lower rate showed very good results.
- Due to weather conditions, during the month of September the parameters show a negative impact. The results with Trá sys show a great difference in performance.
- Great results with reduced disease cover over the trial period(-66%), colour (+0,8) and quality (+0,7).